Saturday 1 February 2014

February 2014 - 1st to 7th

Saturday 1st February 

After a horrendous night shift and two hours sleep I was up at 1030 to go for breakfast with the wife and kids!! I had pancakes, they were lovely. 

I rocked up to Miniature Empire at about twelve, said hi and bye to Lano who was rushing out of the door talking about taps and digging holes in his garden..

Now Lano may be offended by this but I was pretty much sleep walking so I have no idea what he was going on about. 

The talk turned to Warhammer Fantasy.. I've been mulling over in my mind if it would be a good game.. Now I like guns.. Big space guns that cause carnage.. Fantasy doesn't have space guns so I thought I would be turned off of it straight away. 

Now MEGC has started a campaign called 'The tale of one gamer' the idea of which is to start a Fantasy army initially at 750pts. As I had never played before I was a bit dubious. 

Today I got a game. Now I had got it into my mind that I would play Skaven if I was to do this project as I could pick them up cheaply plus the rules etc in the Island of blood box set.

Damon set me up with 750pts of Skaven and played me with his Orcs. Of course he beat me but he has successfully made me like another game type. So there it is, I am now the proud owner of a 750pt Skaven army thanks to Island of Blood!


Super Bowl Sunday - 2nd Feb

Now as a Brit the only time NFL is alowed anywhere near my TV is when Super Bowl is on. 

I sprayed all my new models bar one which dropped on the floor in the garden!! 

I sat back to watch Super Bowl and started trimming the flashing and whatnot off of the little critters, bad move, gave up after five models.. Bloody Super Bowl is awesome. Now at the half time show whilst writing this. Mars is banging out some tunes and I'm debating wether or not to go up and continue watching this in bed.....

..... yep gonna go up

On a side note I'm gonna post every ten days or so I think... We will find out!!!

Monday 3rd February

Well that was a mistake. Should never have gone up fell asleep before the fourth quarter!! And because I had paused live TV when I made the transition I missed the good touchdown. 

And now of course, I'm really tired. My wife has gone off to work and as I am on a rest day I have to fight with the children all day!!

So night finally falls and I manage, whilst seeing off the hands on 10 month old with a scalpel, to finish shredding all the slotta pieces off of the small Scaven hoard!

Tuesday 4th February

Woken by freezing cold hands and screaming children!! Awesome!! Busy day with no time for modelling :(

Wednesday 5th February

Up at 0445 hours (this is a real time of day!) for work - sucks!!

Bloody train strike so have had to scrounge a lift in which obviously makes me a bit of a burden!! (Note to self - learn to drive knobhead)

Well I've had a very productive night!! Got one of my 40 clan rats painted.. 


Really need to get a wriggle on with this painting malarkey!! 

Thursday 6th February

Got a couple of models painted tonight another clan rat spear and the warlord. I'm really happy especially with the warpglow that according to Instagram I nailed. 


Clan rat 


Warp glow

Friday 7th February 

Well that's it that's my first week done.. I know there will be no more painting this week (today) as I am on late shift at work which also means no gaming!! Boooooo. 

Until next time

Coming next - 8th February to 14th February 














No comments:

Post a Comment