Friday 31 January 2014

2014 - The year of miniatures

So here we are.. We are up to date and this post is about the plan for the new year.

It's the end of January (Probably February by the time this goes to print) and it's my year of miniatures. 

This is the plan

1) buy stuff

2) play more

As you can see it's quite an easy two step plan, a plan that anybody could adhere to.. You would think!

Up until now I have only mentioned my 40k exploits and have kept you readers out of the loop when it comes to the man behind Cuban Trog

I'm Gary, I'm 30 years old, married and a father to two wonderful children and there you see is my spanner in the works

I work full time, doing shift work so as you can imagine between work and the kids it's hard to get a game. 

The wife has also been reviewing the bank statements and has seen that I have spent an obsene amount of money in the short seven months to date!! 

So after a heart to heart this is what has been decided! (By her)

1) I can play once a week - this is either at the club on a Friday night or on a Saturday. (Work permitting)

2) I can spend a maximum of £50 a month on little men (her words not mine) this is so that we can still afford to feed the children (apparently you have to do this or social services become involved and it all gets a little messy)

3) I can paint when one of two situations arise a, the kids are both out or b, the kids are asleep and she wants to watch something on the tele!

As you can see I am quite under the thumb but this keeps the whole house in a state of equilibrium. 

So when January payday came I really impressed the wife by only buying a squad of terminators that cost £12 from eBay (bring on the brownie points) unfortunately due to all the other stuff they are still in their box awaiting some much needed undercoat!!

So there we are. We are up to date and you know lots about me. I'm going to tray and find out how to get people to read this stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment