Wednesday 29 January 2014

Dettol the stuff of champions

So I left you a few days ago with my minis going for a bath in Dettol...

Now Dettol as this post is entitled is the stuff of champions. Now I thought that it may take some of the paint off. Never in my wildest dream did I believe that it would strip it back to plastic!!


The results was amazing.. I decided to celebrate with even more buys!! I bought myself a Dettol present of a landraider and the old assault on black reach set - there's a dreadnought and termies!!! So again started the painstaking task of undercoat and base coat!!



Now the test really began.. Can I paint like a pro?!?!?!

We'll let me assure you the answer is a resounding NO!! 

I don't know what I was thinking but I can say that from my first to second attempts I was getting better. 




Now I've been told already on Instagram that there is to much highlighting and that there is a green glaze that can tone it all down, and I've said thanks for the advice because I do wish to be better at painting but you know what... I was and still am proud of these little guys. I really am pleased with them, yes I can probably do better now, in fact I know I can but I like them and that's how they are staying.

Now I know I haven't mentioned many games but as you can imagine I wasn't playing much because my minis were in a state if disarray however I was attending the Miniature Empire Gaming Club (who have a forum, a Facebook page and a blog - I will post the links soon but I don't know how to do that so I will have to ask Lano the groups 21 year old maths and technical genius!! ) I met some really nice guys there who play many games and I have sample some of these for myself! 

Warhammer 40000 - it's obvious I played this a few times 

Warmachine - for those who haven't played I suggest you do the game can be really quick as demonstrated by Damon! But is an awesome game that can be played reletivly cheap. 

Flames of war - it's good probably not for me at the moment

They play many more it's just I haven't sampled these. 

eBay I've found is an untapped source of cheap minis. I picked up three squads of tactical marines and a predetor tank for about £25!! These too got a Dettol bath and have slowly been under coated and painted. 

I didn't realise how quick I would get through seven months!! My next post will bring you right up to date. 

For now.. I'll leave you with a picture of a based and finished terminators. 







1 comment:

  1. thanks for this mate, tried this and it worked a dream

    ReplyDelete