Friday 31 January 2014

Up to date

November saw in my first apocalypse battle, to date I have not seen as many models on the table! I got to Miniaure Empire at 0930 sharp as instructed by Damon, I had my stack a box in my arms ready to play... The shutters were down!! 

A few minutes later Damon arrived and opened the store.. The table was up and the deployment was completed with space in the imperial lines for me to place the Dark Angels. 


Tyranid lines


Imperial line


Imperial fortifications

The game was epic, unfortunately I could play only until turn four as I had to work the day that 5 and 6 were played. The first four were awesome though. Turn one for the marines was purely about picking off anything that was in range. The first turn for the nids was about the advance onto the fortification as that was where the objectives were placed. Turn two for the marines was again fairly poor on the nid killing front and the nids turn two smashed the entrenched marines on the front line!!

Re-enforcements

Marine turn three - the deathwing smashed down into the rear of the nids as did a fists dropped containing an ironclad dreadnought. The ravenwing also came on the back of the table as did Sammuel!! Let the carnage begin!! 

Nids turn three was much the same with nids smashing in The back of the fortress this would get interesting 

Turn 3 saw the destruction of the baneblade only for it to re appear (thanks to and asset card) inside the fortress in an attempt to smash the nids

My deathwing somehow (to lano's amazement) survived an absolute smashing. 

I'll have to get lano to fill you in in 5 and 6 coz as I said I wasn't there. 

December saw the purchase of my deathwing knights - my god they are beautiful models and were painted quite quickly for me (see below) they are probably the nicest models I have painted to date. 


Christmas came and went an saw me with more cash that needed to be spent!! I decided with a scout squad and a ravenwing dark talon* 

These again were painted quite quickly but with better results than my first attempts at painting



* now the Ravenwing Dark Talon is a stunning model and probably the prettiest of all the fliers - unfortunately being the first codex released for v6 it is god awful. I was warned against getting it by the lads but I said I dont care I want to paint it!! And I did... And it's awful... The first game I played with it it came on killed a Tyranid harpie and promptly got smacked out of the air like it was nothing!!

January - a new year - a new start 

This will be a whole new post




No comments:

Post a Comment